|Propellerhead Reason 7|
With Reason 7 you have more creative control over your audio recordings. Record your instruments and let Reason automatically slice the recording into single notes or hits. Use it to quantize an audio take, to tweak your timing to perfection, or to drastically change the recording by going all creative with Reason’s fantastic time stretch. The sliced up audio can also be converted to REX files for playback and further treatment in Reason’s Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player, Reason's samplers, or the Kong Drum Designer.
With its studio‑grade mixing console, Reason was already a mix engineer’s dream. Reason 7 adds several new ways to make mixing your songs better and easier. Reason users tend to spend a lot of time exploring and tweaking sounds in the Reason rack, so the most important mixing controls like level and pan are now available in the rack too, always close at hand. This means less jumping about in the program and more focus on your music.
|The new Spectrum EQ window combines a powerful spectrum analyzer with a graphic EQ overlay controlling the mixer’s renowned EQ.|
Reason 7 also comes with an expanded sound bank that adds a new and powerful section of hard hitting drums loops: big room house, dubstep, and even metal. It’s all there, ready to be thrown into your tracks. For importing your own sound files into Reason, there is now support for more audio import formats, such as mp3, wma and aac to make it easier to grab loops and recordings from your music library or the web.
With instruments that are easy to use, infinitely tweakable and with a sound to match anything out there, Reason has always offered a wide array of sonic capabilities. With the addition of Rack Extensions, the palette of sounds available to Reason users have grown exponentially, and now we're adding even more to the mix. Reason 7 comes with MIDI out support to bring the sound of your favorite hardware synths and beatboxes into the Reason rack.
- Reason's synths have been a cornerstone in the application since day one. For a straightforward analog style synth, try out the Subtractor Analog Synth. For a more aggressive digital sound, check out the Malström Wavetable Synthesizer. With its godlike flexibility and divine sound, the Thor Polysonic Synthesizer is a giant of a synth–one for the tweak heads, or simply a beautiful sounding instrument.
- Beats and Loops
- Building on the design from classic drum machines, the Redrum Drum Computer offers traditional pattern programming and a great selection of drum kits. For endless sound sculpting possibilities, the Kong Drum Designer comes with sampled drums, drum synths, physical modeling and built-in effects. If you would rather work with sampled loops in your music, turn to the Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player. This loop player powerhouse makes it a breeze to work with sampled material in your songs.
- Sample for playing & tweaking
- Reason's huge sound bank comes packed with sampled instruments in every conceivable category. To play samples back, or indeed to sample your own sounds, Reason has two different samplers. The fully featured NN-XT Advanced Sampler lets you play and build rich and complex, multi layered instrument patches, while the straightforward NN-19 Sampler is a quick and easy sampler that comes with plenty of real time modulation capabilities..
- Reason also features the ID-8 Instrument Device - a songwriter's best friend. If all you want is a great piano sound or an organ or some strings, the ID-8 is a quick and straightforward way to quickly grab those sounds. The ID-8 is also maps to the General MIDI standard, making it easy to work with imported MIDI files.
- Extending your instrument rack
- Want even more instruments? With the Rack Extension technology the Reason rack opens up to third party developers too. Propellerhead and leading third party developers offers a great selection of instruments as add-ons to your Reason rack. Have a look in the Propellerhead Shop to see what's on display.
- All your other synths too !
- For all your external MIDI hardware, Reason comes with the aptly named External MIDI Instrument. With this unit, you can play all your MIDI synths, beatboxes and whatnot from Reason's sequencer, and control your external MIDI gear with the full automation that Reason users have come to expect.
- Creative control
- In Reason you can combine, layer and mix instruments to create anything from lush and evolving aural landscapes to performance friendly instrument setups. Using the Combinator device, you can build your own instrument by combining different synths, samplers and effects to get just the sound you are after.
- Hook up the RPG-8 Arpeggiator to any Reason instrument to create arpeggiated melody lines from the chord you are playing. With settings for play mode, note insert and rhythmic pattern, the RPG-8 can conjure up some pretty amazing music.
|The Creative Control|
- Buttons, knobs, faders and flashing LEDs — Reason's interface looks and feels like an instrument.
- In Reason, the sequencer and instruments are designed by the same people, which means everything is totally integrated from the moment you launch Reason. No configuration or connections are needed — they are part of the same package and all the parts work seamlessly with each other.
- You build your rack as you work on your song. Create instruments and effects and route them any way you want to. Add, delete, replace and tweak. Your rack is what you want it to be.
- Flip the rack over to access the backside with all the cables and connectors. Here you can manually route anything to anything, just like in a real studio. Or simply leave it to Reason to automatically connect all your instruments and effects, unlike a real studio.
- Each cable plugs into exactly two holes, just like most real cables do. Only in Reason, you don't even have to crawl around the back side, unless you want to of course.
- If it looks like a button, it is a button. If you see a handle, it's for dragging. All controls in Reason look and feel natural and integrate well with your favorite hardware controller.
- Easy to get started with and as deep as you want it to be – many devices have macro controls for ease of use. If you want, open them up and explore and tweak all its components within.
- For deep exploration or happy experimentation, Reason's devices all have Control Voltage connectors so you can connect almost anything to anything! Let the envelope of a synth control an effect send in the mixer. Or let dynamics control panning. You decide!